Swot charter school is a government accredited; leading private and a faith-based school; located in Ilorin West Local Government Area of Kwara State, Nigeria. It operates a dual curricular of conventional and Islamic education.
The school is located in a serene environment at 1, Benin City Road, Adewole, Ilorin. The school has a unique learning environment with it population which stands at over one thousand (1000) learners, with well equipped classrooms. Also, here you can enjoy:
At Swot Charter School, our vision is to empower students to acquire, articulate, and value knowledge and skills that will support them, as lifelong learners to participate and contribute to the global world and practice the core values of the school respect, tolerance, inclusion and excellence.
Our mission at Swot Charter school is to enable all learners have access to learning through the provision of:
Swot Charter School as a citadel of learning is very popular and many year groups have just a few spaces. It is generally advisable that you apply earlier, for your ward(s) to have better chances of gaining admission.
Parents who are interested in registering their ward(s) should contact the school Registrar/Head teacher in the first instance, by e-mail, phone call or arrange a personal visit. The school is always pleased to welcome prospective parents willing to pay a visit.
How to Apply
Parents should arrange a visit the school administration.
Obtain application form and necessary documentation. This should be completed in and signed by the person(s) responsible for the learner(s) education.
The application form will be submitted with a non refundable registration fee.
Entrance Tests and Interviews
The entrance tests are usually conducted at the school.
The tests cover:
- General knowledge
An interview with the Head teacher is usually required (8years and above)
Afterwards, the parent will receive notification for the offer of provisional admission.
Offer of admission at Swot Charter cannot be confirmed until the school is in receipt of all the following documentation:
- ✓ Bank Teller indicating full payment charges
- ✓ Copy of Birth Certificate
- ✓ Medical Certificate Of Fitness(Blood group and Genotype inclusive)
- ✓ Last Report Sheet/Card from your former school
- ✓ Transfer Note Or Letter from your former school (if any)
- ✓ Three (3) Recent Passport Photographs
We do not publish our school fees on our website but this information is available at the school.
As we venture to build generation of children equipped with excellent academic and good character, creating global leaders who are ready to lead and challenge the world. In view of this, the school designed list of “code of conduct” to guide all the registered learners of the school to ensure proper monitoring and upliftment of the school.
- ✓ Learners must resume to school on or before 7:30am daily and participate in assembly program
- ✓ Learners must be in approved school uniform/dress code(Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday – school uniform, Wednesdays- sport wears and Fridays- Swot shirt)
- ✓ The approved school footwear is black/brown with white socks
- ✓ Learners must participate in class lessons and any other extracurricular activities as may be designed by the school
- ✓ Learners must not in any way damage the school property
- ✓ Foul or abusive languages must not heard from any learner
- ✓ Every learner is to bring four (4) tissue papers from first week of their resumption
- ✓ Imitation of the school uniform is prohibited
Swot Charter accommodation facilities replicate a home away from home environment. Furnished and equipped with sofas, air conditioners, flat screen TVs connected to digital satellite, interactive whiteboards with internet connection, the hostels are set within green, picturesque surroundings reminiscent of the freshness of the country side.
Our learners have the space of a lounge, prep room, and fully air-conditioned rooms. Conveniences and shower cubicles are at the end of both wings of the hostel with launderettes attached. There is a functional football pitch, basketball and volleyball courts, and indoor games such as table-tennis, scrabble, chess, monopoly and other board games to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Each hostel has an apartment attached to it for the use of a resident houseparent with a family and a single en-suite room within the hostel for use by a single house master or mistress. There is a connecting door between the apartment and the hostel to facilitate access by the students to the houseparent as the occasion demands.
- ✓ Sports
- ✓ Community Service
- ✓ Drama
- ✓ Press Club
- ✓ Literary and Debating clubs
- ✓ Creative Writing
- ✓ Art, Craft and Photography
- ✓ French Club
- ✓ Music
- ✓ JETS Club
- ✓ Public Speaking and Elocution
- ✓ Well Stocked Library
- ✓ Fully Installed Interactive Boards for easy learning
- ✓ Two Exquisite Coaster Buses for smooth conveyance of students.
- ✓ Computer Laboratory with full internet service
- ✓ White marker boards installed in all classrooms
- ✓ Recreational sport facility
- ✓ Exquisite hostel facility
- ✓ Conducive classrooms
- ✓ Demonstration farm; fully accredited by NECO
- ✓ Dinning hall
- ✓ Music room
- ✓ School clinic with a qualified doctor and nurse
- ✓ School shop